Wednesday 22 April 2020

I'm feeling very lucky!

I'm am so lucky! I've just had a google hangout with my homeroom.  Thank you to the parents involved.  I appreciate this is a big learning curve for some of us, so well done.  The way that the students used the microphone to retain some semblance of order was fantastic.  

I have to say Logan I have never seen you so quiet. Loved the mask that you made with dad. Love the haircut. I think next time, Friday, you will have a lot more to say.  

Lucas, you have had a haircut too.  Brilliant, mum is very clever.  You are getting good at colouring Lucas, that's great practise with the crayon, and pencil.

Joanna it was lovely to see your face and your fantastic pictures.  You are a real little artist, keep drawing. 

Hugo, you are doing a lot of learning.  Loved your mask. Well done to your mum and dad for helping.  You are lucky.  I think you may talk more on Friday too.  It is a lot different from being right in front of the person that you are talking to.

Paige, you are looking great.  How's mum feeling about taking a break from all the plaiting.  I'm loving seeing all the different things that you are doing.  Loved the flower. Very creative.

Rory, you were brave being one of the first to talk.  Thanks mum for the support.  I'm glad you have been getting outside as well.  You need to make sure you get some fresh air while we are in lockdown.  See you Friday Rory.

Sophie, it was great to see you too, even though it was very brief.  Come to the hangout on Friday.  You don't have to talk, even if you just listen to the other students talking about what they have been doing.  

5 comments:

  1. And Mrs Norris we had the gorgeous Chase come and talk to Mrs Gatehouse and Mrs M. It was so good to his smile again and he was so happy to tell us all about his adventures. We got to see his beautiful mum too. We loved hanging out with you today Chase. Thanks for making our day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to add my comment to Mrs M's it was lovely to see Chase's face today. I am missing the class. He had made a lovely card which I thought was fantastic. Thank you Chase.

      Delete
  2. Gosh Miss Norris, you had a good turn out of children and parents. In my homeroom we also had 6 children. It was so lovely to see and hear from everybody. A big THANK YOU to all the parents for their support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done wee people! It is lovely to hear that you are having google hangouts just like the big people I teach. Do you know the big children have 3 google hangouts each day for their learning - they are super clever as they do their school work on laptops. That will be you guys in a few more years. I bet it was lovely to see each other and your wonderful teachers who miss you so much. I am pleased to hear that you are doing some amazing learning at home with your families in your bubbles. Stay safe.
    Mrs Jones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rory has been on cloud 9 this afternoon after seeing everyone. She is looking forward to another catch up on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something they have done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.