Thursday 30 April 2020

Aleigha the scientist



Yesterday Aleigha and her Mum did an experiment with Skittles.

They put Skittles  in a colour pattern around a plate then added warm water and waited to see what would happen.

Aleigha  answered 2 questions about the experiment. Before they started. --- What did she think would happen? 
Then after --- What did happen?

Aleigha thought it was very exciting!

 

 

 

That does sound exciting Aleigha. Lucky Miss Clothier wasn't there, I might have eaten one of the skittles. 😁. I love that you wrote down what you saw. I wonder why it turns the water rainbow. Do you have any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. It is so good to see you doing science at home with mum. Science is one of my favourite subjects. It looks like you chose a good activity to start with. Did you know that making predictions about what might happen and then observing what does happen is how we learn a lot of new things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Aleigha you are like a High School student doing predictions and writing up observations from an experiment. I think that is very flash learning. Were you tempted to eat any? I love Skittles!!!! They are one of my favourite lolly so I would have to be very self controlled if I did an experiment like that. Well done super star.
    Mrs M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aleigha, I love this. It was clever to record your experiment at the different stages. Great predicting as well. Lots of great learning going on here.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something they have done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.