Thursday 31 August 2017

Mrs Murray's Hair

Today in Te Ope Ruaraki we wrote about Mrs Murray's hair. Our focus was WOW words. First we had a good think about some different words to describe Mrs Murray's hair, it was so fun. Some of us even touched it to see what it felt like. 


Here are some of our brilliant stories.

Mrs Murray's hair is boofy and short it is also curly and twirly. I think it is hard to brush. It's so beautiful that I want curly hair. - Akeilah

Mrs Murray's hair is dry. It is curly, messy and bouncy. Mrs Murray's hair is brown. - Briana

Mrs Murray's hair is curly and twirly. Her hair is springy and swirly like a vine in the jungle. I like the way that it bounces up and down like a spring. - Tia

Mrs Murray has curly hair and it's like a bouncy vine. It looks like wobbly jelly on a plate and also her hair is brown. - Naomi


4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of everyones writing today and YES, Akeilah ... my hair is very hard to brush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful writing. Tia I like the wow words you used, twirly, springy and swirly like a vine. Mrs Murray's hair does look like a spring and reminds me of my daughter's hair when she was little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora my name is Miriana and I am from Sockburn School. This is amazing because it has paragraphs and who the people are that wrote the bits. This reminded me of one of my mums friends son. Maybe you could think about adding a couple of pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Briana my name is Chloe and I come from Sockburn school. I like the way you have added verbs. My hair is hard to brush sometimes too. This reminded me of my mum telling me when I had very curly hair when I was a baby. And maybe next time can you add just a little more detail?

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something they have done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.