Friday 11 August 2017

First Flight

Today The Very Hungry Caterpillar read a story called First Flight. Before we opened the book we had a think about the words we might find in the story. It was fun finding the words as we read. The story was about a boy called Kel who was going on a plane all by himself. After we read the story, we decided to draw a plane and write down some feelings we thought we might feel if we were to go on a plane by ourselves. 

Let us know what you think of our work.

Akeilah, Sophia, Gracie, Liam and Raquel.





4 comments:

  1. Wonderful work Akeilah, Sophia, Gracie, Liam and Raquel. I like the predictions you made before you read the book first flight. The word I would have predicted would have been excited because that is how I felt when I went on my first flight. Do you know all the different parts of an aeroplane?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr M. Thank you for your comment. Yes we know lots about aeroplanes.

      Raquel "The front of a plane is called a nose".
      Akeilah "On the side of the plane there are propellers".
      Liam "A plane has big wings".
      Gracie "At the bottom of the plane there are wheels".
      Sophia "The pilot sits in the cockpit".

      Mr M, did you go on a plane when your were little?

      Delete
    2. Hi Raquel, Akeilah, Liam, Gracie and Sophia. Thank you for telling me all the different parts of an aeroplane. The first time I flew in an aeroplane was when I was 20 years old!!!! I still remember being very nervous.

      Delete
  2. Wow what amazing prediction skills you all have. I remember my first flight on an aeroplane and I was scared!! I have a toy plane in my office that lights up and makes a take of noise. Would you like to borrow it to look at?

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something they have done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.