Monday 5 March 2018

Descriptive Sentence Writing

 Miss McLeod's writing group have been working on writing descriptive sentences. Last week we used a picture of a beach and thought about what we could see, hear, smell and feel at the beach. We made a plan using wow words to describe.
Today we used our plans to turn our ideas into sentences. We used whiteboards so we could practise editing them and making them better.
Here are two sets of work that Miss McLeod thought were amazing!



Kobe's Writing


I can see colourful shells and I can see sparkly waves and I can see the sun reflecting on the water. The sun is making the water shiny. I can hear squawking seagulls.


Lee-Chin's Writing 


I can see sparkly shells splashing in the sparkly waves.
I can hear rolling splashing waves on the muddy sand.
At the beach the crabs are crawling in the shimmering hot sand. 
The crabs are going to the shimmering waves.


Stay tuned to see what we do next!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I remember when I was that young.
    - Former student <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your finger spaces .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I’m Sean your working so hard you guys need rest.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something they have done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.